[CentOS] "new" computers and monitors

Wed May 28 00:38:34 UTC 2014
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

Until recently, I had a 32-bit machine with one monitor running fedora.
The later editions of fedora didn't like it, so I switched to CentOS.
Now I have two 64-bit machines and two monitors and a CenturyLink router.
Also a KVM switch that I have not taken out of the package.
My main machine has two video connections
and two ethernet connections, eth0 and eth1 .

I've never had more than one machine or more than one monitor before.

I'd like to be able to use both monitors at once on my main machine.
I'd like to be able to switch one monitor
between machines without too much trouble.
I'd rather not where the pins out.
KVM will do this, right?
KVM is transparent to the computer, right?
My secondary machine sometimes runs Windows,
so I'd like it not to have its own global IP address.
My first thought would be to connect it directly
to one of the ethernet ports on my main machine.

How do I go about this?
The answer I am expecting is one or more links to tutorials or the like.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods