[CentOS] Tracking Open Ports

Fri May 30 15:14:53 UTC 2014
Eric Falbe <ericf706 at gmail.com>

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to notify or log when a specific remote port is openened?  I have an old LDAP server that I am looking to get rid of, but there is still a few queries reaching it.

The sytem authentication is setup correctly (as is Postfix), so I am thinking there must be some script or program that is setup to query the older LDAP server.

I tried using lsof -i|grep 389, but I am not quick enough to get results before the socket is closed.  Is there any program or script I could write to detect when this socket gets opened, and what PID and/or program owns it?

Thanks,
Eric Falbe