[CentOS] Mail Merge data to a pdf file by overlaying the data on the image

Sat May 10 08:11:49 UTC 2014
KevinO <kevin at kevino.org>

On 05/09/2014 02:27 PM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I am looking for a utility that I can use to do a mail merge of data to
> a pdf image file.  The image file does not have any active fields, but
> will be just an image file.  I would like to overlay  names addresses
> etc.
>
> We currently do this with a pcl file by just overlaying the data with
> pcl print positions.  However, in order to get the pcl file from an
> original pdf file we have to use gimp to convert the pdf to pcl file,
> and we always lose a little resolution.  I was wondering if anyone knows
> of a utility to perform this function without first converting the image
> to a pcl file.
>
> Thanks,

This may seem like a round-a-bout way to do it; But, why not modify a Latex file
with the changes, then use a bit of Bash script to do the tex -> ps -> pdf ?

--
KevinO