[CentOS] OpenDKIM and SELinux

Tue May 13 13:56:43 UTC 2014
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Mon, May 12, 2014 14:05, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

>> dac_read_search and dac_override are usually bad to add. They typically
>> mean the permission flags on the file in question is two tight for a
>> root process to read/use.
>>
>> Loosing up the group/other permissions would probably allow a root
>> process to read the object without requiring these capabities.

> I just wrote a quick blog on this.
>
> https://danwalsh.livejournal.com/69478.html

So, to turn on full path reporting I do this:

# echo "-w /etc/shadow -p w" >> /etc/audit/audit.rules
# service auditd restart

My question is: what is the effect that "-w /etc/shadow -p w" has on SELinux
with respect to reporting the full path of file names in AVCs?  In other
words, why does that work?

Canada  L8E 3C3