[CentOS] Mother board recommendation

Fri May 16 12:30:52 UTC 2014

On 05/16/2014 02:21 AM, Joseph Hesse wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to build a lightweight server and install centos.  Does anyone
> have a recommendation for a suitable motherboard?

I have a number of Small Form Factor units standing on their sides as
servers. I prefer Lenovo these days, HP SFF power supplies have been a
problem the past few of those, blowing up after running non-stop for a
couple months.

Of course now I am looking at ARM boards for servers. Redsleeve (and
Fedora) for now but soon Centos! I perfer the Cubieboard (2 and truck)
as ARMv7 units. Not hard to put together your own server with them. THe
lower power draw and heat makes them so much better.