[CentOS] CentOS 6 Manuals

Wed May 21 14:30:34 UTC 2014
Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane <todd.denniston at navy.mil>

Just how NEW to Linux is this friend?

It might be better to introduce them to some easier guides first instead of the SysAdm level docs that comes for CentOS 6.
http://www.tldp.org/guides.html#intro-linux

And although written for the purpose of someone looking to pass the Linux+ exam, I found that Roderick W. Smith's "...Linux+ Study Guide..." (I think mine was 3rd edition) did a good job of explaining WHY you use certain commands to do things.  To me that book provided information in an easy enough to read manner.

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the terms of any contract.