[CentOS] /etc/bash_completion.d/git generates permissions errors

Wed May 28 17:04:43 UTC 2014
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Wed, May 28, 2014 12:55, James B. Byrne wrote:
> I did a yum update to my desktop machine as root this morning and now my
> regular logon account sees this whenever I press the enter key:
>

> My question is: what is in /etc/bash_completion.d/git that is causing this?

I discovered that it is something that /etc/bash_completion.d/git puts into
$PS1.  Pesetting the PS1 back to its original settings clears the problem.

Canada  L8E 3C3