[CentOS] OEM suggestions

Thu May 29 19:13:44 UTC 2014

John R Pierce wrote:

>> The only rackmounts I see from their site are dual processor. I'll need
>> four - mostly, I see 16-core CPUs in our systems, though some have
>> 12-core (or the weird 10-core). The Asus I saw takes 4 processor, but only
>> 8-core ones.
>
> IBM has a 64 cpu (core) Power server ... if you see the price tag, I
> guarantee you'll freak out.

As a comparison, the Penguins that we got a couple-three years ago were in
the $11k range, and were 1U Supermicros. The Dell and HP I'm looking at
are about $13k, so that's around where I'm looking.

Does anyone have any preferred *vendors* - as I say, we used to like
Penguin. Silicon Mechanics? AVADirect? I'm just throwing out names here
I've run into while googling.

       mark