[CentOS] clamav

Fri May 30 22:18:55 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 5:10 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 5/30/2014 2:59 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> I don't think just installing the package makes it filter mail.   If
>> you want to really start from scratch you might try mimedefang to
>> drive all your scanning/filtering, especially if you are running
>> sendmail and can write some perl snippets to control it.
>
> or `mailscanner`, which also requires significant setup, but offers a
> wide range of features, including running spamassassin, clamav, etc.

I haven't used mailscanner, but mimedefang is particularly efficient
because it hooks to all of the sendmail milter phases separately with
a pool of connections so it doesn't to keep a big extra process
running for each delivery in progress and it unpacks the attachments
once and runs all the scanners (if you haven't rejected already on
some other criteria).

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com