[CentOS] OEM suggestions

Fri May 30 18:43:58 UTC 2014
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am 30.05.2014 um 20:28 schrieb John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>:

> On 5/30/2014 11:14 AM, Rainer Duffner wrote:
>> Also, due to the fact that they don’t offer a SAS-Controller that does JBOD, you have to setup each drive individually as a RAID0
>
> hmm?
>
> The HP H220, H221, H220 are SAS2 HBA"s.   also the S08e but thats older,
> and was only sold to support a specific P2000g3 array. AFAIK, the H22x
> are LSI 2008 based (9211-xx)

Interesting.
Thanks a lot.

It’s sometime very difficult to find HP products that aren’t by default in their servers.

AFAIK, the 9211-series card don’t have the „right“ firmware for „IT-mode“ that would be required for an „ideal“ ZFS setup.

I’m not sure if one could flash those - they probably have an OEM firmware.

Maybe I can have one ordered to try it out.