[CentOS] Dell Dimension 2400 W/Intel 845-G Video(SOLVED)

Mark LaPierre marklapier at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 01:13:48 UTC 2014

Hey Todd,

Thanks for the excellent tip.  I followed your instructions to log in
and then log out to restart GDM.  It worked great.  Now I've got a
screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 with all the little letters right where
you would expect them to be.

I installed the elrepo then installed the kernel.  I had to edit
/boot/grub/menu.list to make the new kernel the default but that's all
it took.  Life is good and I can stop messing with this old clunker and
return it to it's rightful owner for resale.

--
    _
   °v°