[CentOS] which firefox tab is eating my CPU?

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Nov 4 23:56:19 UTC 2014

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014, Frank Cox wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 10:46:41 -0600 (CST)
> Michael Hennebry wrote:
>
>> I'm running CentOS 6 and firefox 24.8.0 .
>> I haven't updated firefox in a while because I've read
>> that doing so will cause me to lose all my tabs.
>> I'd like to keep them for a while.
>> There is rather a lot of them
>
> 1. Right-click on one of the tabs on the tab bar.
>
> 2. "Bookmark all tabs"
>
> 3. Update your firefox.

Thanks.
Contrary to expectation, I kept my tabs after restarting firefox.
I have the tabs bookmarked.
It looks like I'm going to have to delete tabs them one at a time.

I really wish there was a way to tell firefox
not to run stuff in deselected tabs.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods