[CentOS] CentOS 6.6: Webcam problem

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 00:13:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've think got the same problem.  I would boot into the previous kernel
> but, because I've got the Nvidea video driver, my X server will not run
> with the old kernel so I can't tell you if my web cam works with the old
> kernel or not.  I know it used to work.

I suggest you use kmod-nvidia from ELRepo. Then you will be able to
boot the old kernel. Also, you'd not have to reinstall the Nvidia
driver for each kernel update.

> Do we have any idea when the patch referred to by Akemi 11/03/14 09:45
> will be applied and the patched kernel will be released?

The official centosplus kernel with the patch will be released upon
the next kernel update (hopefully very soon). In the meantime, you can
install the test plus kernel offered in the centos bug tracker.

As for the distro centos kernel, because it is a rebuild of the RHEL
kernel, the patch must be applied upstream first. Ron will be updating
the status if/when progress is made in the bugzilla report he filed.

Akemi