[CentOS] Setting up NFS on Centos 6.6

cl at qgenuity.com

Thu Nov 6 05:33:45 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm having an unusual amount of trouble setting up Centos 6.6 as an NFS
server. I have already created my exportfs file and run "chkconfig nfs
on".

When I try to start the nfs service with "service nfs start", I get

FATAL: Module nfsd not found.
FATAL: Error running install command for nfsd
Starting NFS services:  exportfs: internal: no supported addresses in
nfs_client
exportfs: 127.0.0.1:/dir-to-share: No such file or directory

                                                           [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS mountd:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS daemon: rpc.nfsd: Unable to access /proc/fs/nfsd errno 2 (No
such file or directory).
Please try, as root, 'mount -t nfsd nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd' and then restart
rpc.nfsd to correct the problem

When I run "mount -t nfsd nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd", I get

mount: unknown filesystem type 'nfsd'

Does anyone know what I need to do to get nfs working? My thinking is that
I need to load a module or two, but I don't know where or how to do this
in Centos. I've seen a few posts referencing Ubuntu which ask the user to
apt-get particular packages, but its not clear that this is the right
approach for Centos.

Thank you.