[CentOS] Setting up NFS on Centos 6.6

cl at qgenuity.com cl at qgenuity.com
Thu Nov 6 06:19:10 UTC 2014

Hi Ashishkumar,

Thank you for the advice.

Unfortunately, the final part of "step one" from the link that you gave
(service nfs start) is what causes the error that I listed in my initial
email.

---

FATAL: Module nfsd not found.
FATAL: Error running install command for nfsd
Starting NFS services:  exportfs: internal: no supported addresses in
nfs_client
exportfs: 127.0.0.1:/dir-to-share: No such file or directory

                                                           [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS mountd:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS daemon: rpc.nfsd: Unable to access /proc/fs/nfsd errno 2 (No
such file or directory).
Please try, as root, 'mount -t nfsd nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd' and then restart
rpc.nfsd to correct the problem
---

Thanks!