[CentOS] automated smtp server check

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Nov 7 19:59:31 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-07, Iain Morris <iain.t.morris at gmail.com> wrote:
> For some fast and free monitoring along with DNS
> verification/blacklist/config checks of your MX records, MXToolbox
> lets you monitor one domain for free.  Nice to have an external,
> independent source checking your public MTA.  Nagios is still what I
> would choose for minute-by-minute checks but MXToolbox is free, and
> isn't tied to your infrastructure in any way.

I know we're getting a littl off topic, so I'll ask first: there are a
bunch of external services I use to monitor things like DNS and SMTP
which are difficult to get a true handle on from the inside.  Is it too
off-topic to talk about some of these resources on list?

(MXToolbox looks pretty interesting, I'll look into it for myself
later.)

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us