[CentOS] Chromium browser for C6

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 21:07:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Valeri Galtsev
<galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, November 7, 2014 2:44 pm, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>>> >
>>> I am sorry, but Google is not interested in supporting CentOS.
>>>

>> Is there some way we might utilize social media to help them
>> understand the demand?
>>

> This is a company that exists for getting profit. What do you suggest we
> offer them in exchange?

Numbers of users.  I assume that if you log in to your account with
chromium they'll get whatever they want without additional help (like
at least being able to tie your account to an IP/location and your
google searches).   On the other hand they are probably right that if
you are using a system as a desktop you should just upgrade it to
CentOS 7 where their packaged version 'just works'.  In fact I'm
posting with it now.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com