[CentOS] Centos7 Net install on HP A1710N fails

david david at daku.org
Sat Nov 8 23:10:54 UTC 2014

At 02:59 PM 11/8/2014, you wrote:
>On 08/11/14 22:32, david wrote:
> >>
> >> ok, googled, and found...
> >>
> >>     Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz
> >>     Geforce 6150LE chipset
> >>     Asus A8M2N-LA motherboard
> >>     1-4GB DDR2 ram
> >>     SATA
> >>     Ethernet: 100baseT - Marvell 88EC031
> >
> > Good spotting...
> >
> > Is this device known to be "not supported" in C7?  Recall that it worked
> > just fine in a C6 Net-Install.  If not supported, is there any option
> > but to get an add-on card with a modern NIC.
> >
> > David
>
>We would need more information to answer that. The vendor:device PCI ID
>pairing would be a good place to start. If you happen to know which
>kernel module (driver) the device used under CentOS 6, that would be
>helpful too.

Yikes.  I could install Windoze and get that information.  How does
one obtain that?  Currently, the machine has no operating system on
it, so if C6 can get it, I'd need to do a complete install.  That
takes time but little brain power.  And then, I've no idea how to
obtain that information in C6.

David