[CentOS] RS-485 over a half duplex serial in Centos 6.5

Chris Geldenhuis chris.gelden at iafrica.com
Sun Nov 9 06:46:17 UTC 2014

Hi Jason,

I don't know what temperature range you want to sense. I have had
success using I-Button temperature sensors directly on a USB RS232
connector. With this set up you can have multiple sensors on one line as
each sensor has a unique address.

The software I used for this was from a book Linux Toys by Christopher
Negus and Chuck Wolber. ISBN: 0-7645-2508-5

Regards

ChrisG