[CentOS] Can't get pictures off camera

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Sun Nov 9 18:05:26 UTC 2014

> On 11/08/2014 04:02 PM, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> >
> > If I open digiKam first and try to import using what is detects -
> > Cannon EOS 350D (PTP mode) - it never finds anything.

My Nikon D7100 has a non-standard USB socket (not mini and not
micro) :-(

My 35x optical zoom Canon, when plugged in produces ....

/media = nothing
df -a = nothing
fdisk -l = nothing
lsusb =

Bus 002 Device 010: ID 04a9:3238 Canon, Inc. PowerShot SX40 HS

If you are going to buy a USB memory card reader (type SD ?) or a 3.1/2"
bay unit with one or more memory slots, then for the cheapest price but
with a three week postal delay, I recommend buying from China via Ebay.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.