[CentOS] Can't get pictures off camera

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Nov 9 19:42:46 UTC 2014

On 11/9/2014 11:13 AM, Steve Blackwell wrote:
>> a 350D is an*old*  DSLR.    I believe it predates the adoptation of
>> >the universal camera profiles on USB.  Even in MS Windows land, the
>> >early DSLR's don't work with the current generation Canon SDK, and
>> >the old Canon SDK that does support them doesn't work on current MS
>> >Windows versions.
> Yes it is old. At the time I bought it, a 6MP camera was just a little
> below the top cameras at the time which were 8MP.
> Now you can get a 40MP camera in a phone.
> It still works just fine though and I am pretty much a point and shoot
> photographer so it works for me.

the issue is, the EOS cameras up to the 400D, with the Digic II
processor, used older incompatible protocols, everything since the 450D
(Rebel XSi, new in 2008) use the modern protocols (with Digic III and
newer camera processors).   My guess is, newer linux systems no longer
support these older protocols.