[CentOS] Xorg installation broken under docker

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Tue Nov 11 17:11:33 UTC 2014

On 11/11/2014 04:51 AM, Wander Costa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to build a docker image to run unit tests for the B2G project [1]. However when I try to install Xorg I get this error [2].
> I have been searching on web but is still not clear for me if this is an issue or if I should proceed like this link [3] says.
> Any idea?

Yes, one of the packages you're attempting to install requires systemd
as a dependency and so you would need to follow the instructions in that
blog. You might still run into some issues even then, if you're trying
to display X from the container on the host.

If you'd like, I have a centos-systemd container already built
(following that blog post) that you could try.

a 'docker pull centos/c7-systemd'  should get you what you need:

reference url: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/centos/c7-systemd/

--
Jim Perrin