[CentOS] Not To James B. Byrne

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:13:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
> That's ridiculous, you don't even know what's wrong or if it's wrong at
> all or what you want him to do but you have to cry it out loud to the list
> to put social pressure on him.

Well, no.  Per the headers:

       spf=neutral (google.com: centos-bounces at centos.org does not
designate permitted sender hosts) smtp.mail=centos-bounces at centos.org;
       dkim=neutral (body hash did not verify) header.i=@;
       dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=harte-lyne.ca

The p=quarantine setting from his server explicitly requests that the
message be marked as spam if it s not sent from an authorized server,
which don't include the centos list server. So it is accepted and
dropped in the spam folder as requested.

And at the moment, he is the only list member that posts regularly
from a server with this setting.  (We don't even see ones with
p=reject, they'll bounce and get kicked off the list).

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com