[CentOS] Not To James B. Byrne

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 12 20:50:15 UTC 2014

On 11/12/2014 10:13 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Kai Schaetzl
> <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
>> That's ridiculous, you don't even know what's wrong or if it's
>> wrong at all or what you want him to do but you have to cry it out
>> loud to the list to put social pressure on him.

very good point Kai.

> Well, no.  Per the headers:

> smtp.mail=centos-bounces at centos.org; dkim=neutral (body hash did not
> verify) header.i=@; dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE dis=NONE)
> header.from=harte-lyne.ca
>
> The p=quarantine setting from his server explicitly requests that
> the message be marked as spam if it s not sent from an authorized
> server, which don't include the centos list server. So it is accepted
> and dropped in the spam folder as requested.
>
> And at the moment, he is the only list member that posts regularly
> from a server with this setting.  (We don't even see ones with
> p=reject, they'll bounce and get kicked off the list).

Les,

i believe problems are on your end, and not with server for James.

i do not see "dmarc=fail" or "p=QUARANTINE" in *any* of his email
headers.

therefore, i suggest that it is problem that _you_need_to_correct_.

because you are pulling emails from your server and if your email
client is thunderbird, simply create a filter for James where the
actions is;

   Set Junk Status to   Not Junk

then you can stop loading this list with needless *junk* rants
about *your* problem.

thank you.

--

peace out.