[CentOS] Anyone have a Brother multifunction working on Centos 7?

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Nov 13 01:06:27 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 06:10:44PM -0500, Negative wrote:
> I have a Brother MFC 7360N, and it is refusing to print.
>
> Given a job, the printer state shows, "Sending data to printer"; the file
> is in the spool dir; the job queue is empty, and nothing more happens.
>
> I had used the Brother driver installer, and ran into a 32-bit problem. The
> rpm runs braddprinter, which fails looking for /lib/ld-linux.so.2. I don't
> know what braddprinter does, but I then tried setting up the printer
> through the system printer config. Everything seems to go ok. A driver is
> in /usr/share/cups.
>
> I tried to install glibc.i686, but it wants glibc-common. I have the 64-bit
> glibc-common package but do not see a i686 one available.
>
> Thanks in adv.

I've got a Brother DCP7065DN here, and I was able to get it working
on CentOS 7 using the Brother installation program:
linux-brprinter-installer-2.0.0.1

It's been a few weeks since I did it, and I didn't take notes. I recall
having to fool with it a while to make it work. The one I have now that
does work is using the IPP interface, so the Device URI is:

ipp://192.168.2.97/ipp

I seem to recall fooling around with various choices here, before
finally settling on that one (because it worked).

I don't THINK I had to hack at anything else to make it work...

good luck!

 .----    Fred Smith   /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us