[CentOS] Setting up NFS on Centos 6.6

cl at qgenuity.com cl at qgenuity.com
Fri Nov 14 17:44:15 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm having an unusual amount of trouble setting up Centos 6.6 as an NFS
server. I have already created my exportfs file and run "chkconfig nfs
on".

My copy of centos is running inside a virtual bubble. The server provider
has loaded the nfsd module.

I run:
chkconfig nfs on
service rpcbind start
service nfs start

The final command produces:
# service nfs start
FATAL: Module nfsd not found.
FATAL: Error running install command for nfsd
Starting NFS services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS mountd:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting NFS daemon:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting RPC idmapd:                                       [  OK  ]

showmount -e produces:
Export list for (server):
/(directory) (server address)

but when I try to mount
mount -t nfs -v (address):/(dir) /mnt/nfs
mount.nfs: timeout set for (date)
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=4,addr=::1,clientaddr=::1'
mount.nfs: mount(2): No such device
mount.nfs: No such device

Does anyone know what I need to do to get nfs working?

Thank you.