[CentOS] Mother boards for Centos 7

Alessandro Baggi

alessandro.baggi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 15:26:26 UTC 2014

Hi list,
I need a new mobo for my workstation.
I'm planning to buy Asus Z97K or Asus Z97 Pro and install Centos 7.

Anyone has experiences with these mobos?

I need to know if Z97 chipset and NIC Realtek 8111GR are supported by C7.

Another question about Intel I218V NIC installed on Asus Z97 Pro. Is it
supported?

I've ridden from google that Z97 chipset seems be supported by Linux but
I need a valid confirmation for C7 Support.

 From this link https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=47149
seems that C7 works great with Z97.
For Intel i218C and Realtek 8111GR I can't get info.

If these two mobos are not supported by C7 can you tell me some asus model?

Thanks in advance.