[CentOS] Chromium browser for C6

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 07:54:25 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> I noticed that before chromium-browser-38 (e.g. chromium-31), the browser
> was able to find the "external" flash plugin (/usr/lib64/flash-plugin/...).
>
> I didn't have followed the development but I presume that "such" plugins
> are
> not supported anymore, right?

Correct. Chromium no longer supports NPAPI Netscape Plugin API.

http://blog.chromium.org/2013/09/saying-goodbye-to-our-old-friend-npapi.html

So the older 11.2.x  version, which btw has no more development from Adobe
other than security fixes, works with Firefox only.

The newer 15.x version pepper based flash works with Chromium. But, as far
as my understanding goes, that plugin can only be distributed by Google.