[CentOS] Fwd: Centos and logs

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Tue Nov 18 23:17:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 05:03:30PM +0200, Alan Holt (berber.it at gmail.com) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> may be anyone familiar with some tool for viewing logs.
> I mean web-interface based, simple solution.
>
> I have developers, and I can't give them access to my Centos servers, but
> they want to see logs of Apache. I want to give them address like
> 172.17.17.21/logs and they will be able to watch logs of Apache in browser.
>
> I was looking a lot for something like this, but didn't find.
> Alex.

You could use NFS, exportfs the apache log directory to 127.0.0.1 only,
make a directory somewhere accessible to the developers outside the root of the server
and mount the apache log directory to that dir READONLY.

Alternatively you can change the log directory location in http.conf to
somewhere the developers can access it but outside the root of the server.
Since apache AND the developers must be able to access it this should be no problem.

Jobst

--
main(){for (;;) fputc(NULL,rand() % 2);)