[CentOS] dovecot question

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Nov 20 19:29:18 UTC 2014

I am having problems with the dovecot list.  Haven't seen any messages
from them for a few days, and a message I sent them today is not showing
in their archives, so I come here to see if anyone here might know....

New mailserver and the first time I am using dovecot.  Previously I used
courier-mail.  My config is moving all tagged spam into the IMAP spam
folder.  Very nice for the IMAP users, but not for the POP users.  Of
course the server don't know, and the mysql database for users does not
have any flags for this.  Don't want my server to fill up with spam from
POP users that don't know to check via IMAP. Thunderbird makes it hard
to switch from POP to IMAP.

So is anyone here using dovecot?  Have they noticed this?  How do you
handle it?