[CentOS] TELNENT TO LOCALHOST IN CENTOS 7

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Nov 25 01:04:34 UTC 2014

On Nov 24, 2014, at 3:46 PM, Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa.com> wrote:
> Now compare telnet: always vulnerable, all the time, since the day it was created, before most of the people on this list were born:

Technically, you can run kerberized (krb5) telnet/telnetd, and it's not quite as insecure as unkerberized telnet.  The telnet protocol supports security measures, but most people just use OpenSSH (which can do a lot more) so there's little effort being made to widely use it.

I doubt the OP was setting up krb5 telnetd, though.