[CentOS] Wow! Double wow!

Tue Nov 4 19:32:03 UTC 2014
Nathan Duehr <denverpilot at me.com>

> True, but pretty much everything was written wrong to begin with, back
> in the day when everyone thought bad guys just shouldn't be allowed to
> use the network.  And the fixes are trickling in bit by bit.

Been hearing that “back in the day” excuse since Novell / IPX was big.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

There have always been “bad guys” on networks.

That excuse will still be used long after I’m dead… but an excuse, it most certainly is.

You can find all sorts of examples of things written long after Internet security was a known/given in the kernel, that had to be replaced.  Same with just about every piece of application software.

--
Nate Duehr
denverpilot at me.com