[CentOS] Centos7 Annoyances

Sat Nov 1 03:38:30 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

On Fri, 2014-10-31 at 18:32 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 10/31/2014 2:35 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> > It is a shame to chuck-out perfectly good working machinery - just
> > because someone, somewhere else, decided it should be redundant.

> its a shame to waste 1000s of watts of electricity plus air conditioning
> on a rack full of old computers when a single new computer could replace
> the whole thing and only use a few 100 watts.

Excellent comment about rack-mounted equipment. Never-the-less, to
throw-away (or recycle) working equipment seems to me to be a pity - but
that is the reality.

Hopefully ? there is a Linux capable of providing conventional
facilities on old, but working, 32-bit desktop and portable equipment
which could be given to the needy people.

Hmm, I wonder when 128-bit processors will appear :-)

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.