[CentOS] Centos7 Annoyances

Sat Nov 1 06:17:27 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 10/31/2014 10:17 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Always Learning<centos at u62.u22.net>  said:
>> >Hopefully ? there is a Linux capable of providing conventional
>> >facilities on old, but working, 32-bit desktop and portable equipment
>> >which could be given to the needy people.
> CentOS 6 didn't just disappear; it should still get updates through 2020
> IIRC (by which time most of the 32 bit only hardware will probably have
> died).  Just because the latest-greatest came out doesn't mean you have
> to upgrade to it.

indeed.    my old server at home still runs linux kernel 2.2.24, with an
ipchains firewall on an old p3.  it serves a few static html pages with
apache 1.3.     its an authoritative DNS server, with bind 9.6 that I
built and configured by hand.   I'm hoping to replace it with a pfSense
firewall next week, and move my static webpages to my freeNAS box.