[CentOS] Conflicts updating packages, hot to get ride of them without mess up all my OS?

Mon Nov 3 12:28:06 UTC 2014
reynierpm at gmail.com <reynierpm at gmail.com>

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 10:10 PM, Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:

> remi is known to mess things up like that if you don't install it
> properly.  First thing I would do is "yum remove remi-release" unless
> you have something you specifically need the remi repo for

Yes I have latest PHP release 5.5.18 not present at CentOS repo so it's not
possible to remove that repo since I'll need in the future for updates
otherwise I'll have a lot of conflicts between versions at CentOS repo and
REMI versions.

> , then I would
> try this:
>
> yum shell
> remove libevent-last
> install libevent
> run
>
> Pay particular attention to make sure it isn't removing a bunch of extra
> packages on your system, it should just remove libevent-last and replace
> it with libevent, if it tries to do more then don't accept the changes,
> report back here instead.
>
> When that's done you should be able to issue a "yum update".

Any other workaround that wouldn't be remove the repository?