[CentOS] What List to Use for Patch Requests

Tue Nov 4 11:58:07 UTC 2014
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 11/03/2014 06:38 PM, Stan Cruise wrote:
> I posted an issue that may warrant a patch some days ago with no response.
> Is there a more appropriate list to post on?

CentOS is a rebuild of RHEL Source code ... we don't release bugfixes of
things released by RHEL unless we (CentOS team) somehow introduced the
broken code with branding updates.  Remember, CentOS is supposed to be
bug for bug compatible with the upstream products and if we want things
fixed they need to come down from upstream.

Also, the evolution in CentOS-7 is 3.8.5-22.el7_0.1 ... not evolution
3.10.x.  That means that the patch from Fedora 20 will likely not apply
as is.

If you are sure that it is the same issue then we can open a Red Hat bug
and hopefully they will roll in the patch.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes