[CentOS] which firefox tab is eating my CPU?

Wed Nov 5 08:41:48 UTC 2014
wwp <subscript at free.fr>

Hello Michael,

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 17:56:19 -0600 (CST) Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2014, Frank Cox wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 10:46:41 -0600 (CST)
> > Michael Hennebry wrote:
> >
> >> I'm running CentOS 6 and firefox 24.8.0 .
> >> I haven't updated firefox in a while because I've read
> >> that doing so will cause me to lose all my tabs.
> >> I'd like to keep them for a while.
> >> There is rather a lot of them
> >
> > 1. Right-click on one of the tabs on the tab bar.
> >
> > 2. "Bookmark all tabs"
> >
> > 3. Update your firefox.
>
> Thanks.
> Contrary to expectation, I kept my tabs after restarting firefox.
> I have the tabs bookmarked.
> It looks like I'm going to have to delete tabs them one at a time.
>
> I really wish there was a way to tell firefox
> not to run stuff in deselected tabs.

There is, it's in the preferences, tabs:
  Don't load tabs until selected.

When opening FFX, if your session settings make it open all formerly
opened tabs, then all tabs are opened back and only the selected one is
loaded, the other ones are waiting for you to select then.

Regards,

--
wwp