[CentOS] Making a bootable Win7 DVD from an ISO

Wed Nov 5 18:05:22 UTC 2014
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM, James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>
wrote:

> On 11/05/2014 04:35 PM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> > Doing a bit of highjacking, how to create the ISO from the
> > original DVD? Would dd do the trick? I need to make a bootable usb
> > with Win7.
>
> No.  You just need a high-speed internet connection.  Microsoft provides

Yes, it can be done.
I've cloned a Win7 DVD to an ISO for PC repair work.
I've also used that ISO to install a Win7 VM on KVM.

And yes, it is possible to write the ISO to a USB drive and make it
bootable.  Use your favorite search engine and you'll find a few articles
on it.  It has been some time since I did it, but it did indeed work.

> official ISO downloads.  Check the url below for windos7.  The same forum I
> believe provides links to all the other Windows versions as well.
>

> http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/page-2#post-124821

That might be.  But why use the bandwidth and waste the time downloading
something one already physically has?

--
Mike