[CentOS] CentOS-7 re-install

Thu Nov 6 14:27:31 UTC 2014
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Wed, November 5, 2014 19:41, Richard wrote:

> [...]

I booted from the liveCD simply to see what the regular installer had done to
the HDD.  Eventually I did install from the liveCD and that has allowed the
system to boot from the HDD again.

I am sort of perplexed as to why there is no simple provision to reuse the
entire disk as I recall was the case with previous versions of CentOS.  Why
the laborious requirement to delete each mount point from an install one
wishes to remove entirely?

In any case, I have gotten past the difficulty and have built zfs for
3.10.0-123-9.2.  Now to see if I can figure out how to rebuild the system
using zfs.

Canada  L8E 3C3