[CentOS] Centos 6.6 does not have a default firewall?

Fri Nov 7 15:49:12 UTC 2014
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 11/05/2014 04:23 PM, Jason Pyeron wrote:
> I noticed that the 6.6 x86_64 DVD ISO install of minimal no longer creates a /etc/sysconfig/iptables file.
>
> What prompted the change?

No idea WHY it changed ... but I have validated that the exact same
behavior exists in RHEL 6.6.

A minimal RHEL 6.6 install shows these files only in /etc/sysconfig/

[root at localhost sysconfig]# ls | grep tables
ip6tables-config
iptables-config

So this is the same as upstream, and therefore the expected (even if not
the desired) results on CentOS 6.6.

I also see this:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=7831

Which while not DIRECTLY related, will need to be solved to run:

system-config-firefall-tui

(If you want to generate an /etc/sysconfig/iptables file)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes