[CentOS] [OT] mail address - centos mail list

Sat Nov 8 22:02:34 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

On Fri, 2014-11-07 at 13:01 -0500, James B. Byrne wrote:

> The reason that my emails from the CentOS list are marked as spam by Google is
> that our domain employs DKIM and SPF for outgoing SMTP traffic.  The CentOS
> mailing list manager is the stock Mailman package provided with CentOS.  That
> version mangles the originator's mail headers and body, thus invalidating the
> DKIM signature.  It then sends the message out as originating under the
> original sender's domain but from an unauthorised SMTP server address, thus
> triggering the SPF failure.

If I understand the problem correctly your emails sent out by the Centos
mailing list (using Mailman) are considered by Google et al to be spam.
The fundamental reason you believe is be your site's usage of DKIM.

Why can't your site get a cheap VPS anywhere in the world and route
outgoing emails, without DKIM, through the VPS ?  Cost in EU is less
than GBP 80 per annum (circa EUR 96 p.a.)   It is easy to achieve using
Exim.

--
Regards,

Paul.