[CentOS] Centos7 Net install on HP A1710N fails

Sat Nov 8 22:59:50 UTC 2014
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

On 08/11/14 22:32, david wrote:
> At 02:26 PM 11/7/2014, you wrote:
>> On 11/7/2014 2:02 PM, david wrote:
>>> I took an older 64-bit machine, HP Pavillion A1710N
>>
>> ok, googled, and found...
>>
>>     Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz
>>     Geforce 6150LE chipset
>>     Asus A8M2N-LA motherboard
>>     1-4GB DDR2 ram
>>     SATA
>>     Ethernet: 100baseT - Marvell 88EC031
>
> Good spotting...
>
> Is this device known to be "not supported" in C7?  Recall that it worked
> just fine in a C6 Net-Install.  If not supported, is there any option
> but to get an add-on card with a modern NIC.
>
> David

We would need more information to answer that. The vendor:device PCI ID
pairing would be a good place to start. If you happen to know which
kernel module (driver) the device used under CentOS 6, that would be
helpful too.