[CentOS] Can't get pictures off camera

Sun Nov 9 17:37:29 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/9/2014 7:11 AM, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> Bus 001 Device 027: ID 04a9:30ef Canon, Inc. EOS 350D (ptp)

a 350D is an *old* DSLR.    I believe it predates the adoptation of the
universal camera profiles on USB.  Even in MS Windows land, the early
DSLR's don't work with the current generation Canon SDK, and the old
Canon SDK that does support them doesn't work on current MS Windows
versions.

I just use an SD card reader with my DSLR's (ora  CF reader for the 350D).

I thought my 350D was a decent camera til I got a 60D, whoa, things have
improved, a lot, in the 8 or so years since the 350D was released.