[CentOS] Centos7 Net install on HP A1710N fails

Tue Nov 11 02:53:58 UTC 2014
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 5:37 PM, david <david at daku.org> wrote:
> At 03:23 PM 11/8/2014, you wrote:

>> > The command to display the vendor:device PCI ID is:
>> >
>> > lspci -nn | grep -i net

> Using the LiveCD for Centos 7, the network was "Unknown".  The results of
> the lscpi command gave
>
> 00:14.0 Bridge [0680]: Nvidia Corporation MCP51 Ethernet Controller
> [10DE:0269] (Revision A3)
>
> However, we could not "define" the ethernet controller and make it usable.

According to the ID pairing, your network device uses the forcedeth
driver ( see http://elrepo.org/tiki/DeviceIDs ). Unfortunately this is
one of the many drivers removed from CentOS 7.

Once the OS is installed (by use of local media, for example), you can
install ELRepo's kmod-forcedeth package for el7. But tough luck with
the netinstall of the OS.

Akemi