[CentOS] outside ssh connection from two different ISP's

Tue Nov 11 23:08:14 UTC 2014
Chris Beattie <cbeattie at geninfo.com>

On 11/11/2014 2:27 PM, Steve Clark wrote:
> Buy second NIC and then the original script Jack Baily provided would work.

I'm outside my area of expertise here, but is there a reason you couldn't fake a second network card by assigning two IP addresses to the one interface?

I recall that the OP had two routers on opposite ends of the same subnet.  If each router used its own subnet and everything was connected by a hub instead of a switch, then wouldn't the server know which way the packets needed to go out?  Or a switch that knows VLANs, but that might be needlessly complex.

I realize that means installing a hub instead of a second network card, so I'm just asking for my own edification.

--
-Chris