[CentOS] Not To James B. Byrne

Fri Nov 14 15:32:29 UTC 2014
Darr247 <darr247 at gmail.com>

On 14 November 2014 @05:34 zulu, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Just guessing, but it may be that you are using POP to retrieve the
> mail and getting an "uncategorized" view of new messages in the inbox,
> where if you use IMAP (with the possibility of syncing to multiple
> systems), gmail's labels are mapped to imap folders before you get
> them.

You may be onto something, because I *am* using IMAP (TB's default
during account setup) instead of POP3.

I'll be looking around in gmail next to see if there's some way to
pre-sort mail from centos.org (as Miranda implied) before whatever mail
app I'm using at the time fetches it.
I have never seen an online email interface I liked, so I don't spend
much time in gmail's.

One of the things that drove me to linux (and I liked rpm/yum better
than dpkg/apt) was microsoft disabling Windows Mail in Win7 to force
people to use their online 'Live' email.