[CentOS] Installing old version of firefox

Fri Nov 14 20:44:48 UTC 2014
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 11/14/2014 12:02 PM, Larry Martell wrote:
> I need to install firefox version 24.3.0 on centos version 6.5. Anyone
> know how I can do that? I tried downloading that version directly and
> it fails with:
>
> XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/local/lib64/firefox/libxul.so:
> libXrender.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Couldn't load XPCOM.

There are going to be many dependencies
, so you will need to use yum to install an older firefox (if you are
using the CentOS version).

NSS/NSPR version minimums are going to apply for firefox, so you will
not be able to go back very far.

But that is OK as most firefox upgrades are critical anyway, so browsing
the web with outdated versions will be very dangerous anyway .. hint,
don't do that.