[CentOS] Not To James B. Byrne

Fri Nov 14 21:02:23 UTC 2014
Miranda Hawarden-Ogata <hawarden at ifa.hawaii.edu>

On 2014/11/14 10:38, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Miranda Hawarden-Ogata
> <hawarden at ifa.hawaii.edu> wrote:
>> Matches: to:(centos at centos.org)
>> Do this: Skip Inbox, Mark as read, Apply label "Lists/centos", Never send it
>> to Spam
> If you auto-mark as read, how do you ever know when it really is read?

I don't use the gmail interface for day-to-day email processing, for
precisely that reason. It is why I resort to TB. When I'm at work I read
all email with a work-centric focus. When I'm at home I read all email
with a not-so-work-centric focus (unless I'm working from home, as I am
today). But all email gets pulled to both locations. If something kills
my work pc, I have a copy at home and vice versa. Which is handy when my
email goes back 15+ years and google won't let me keep it all there
without paying for it which I'd rather not do. For the older email,
those TB clients are the only copies I have. Even though I have backups,
I still do this because recovery has been very quick this way (just
replace the dead profile with the good one).

And of course, when the apocalypse comes and gmail goes away, I'm all
prepared! [/joke]