[CentOS] EL5 Security Policy for the final 3 years

Mon Nov 17 15:52:18 UTC 2014
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 14:22:46 -0600
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> Red Hat's Security policy for Production 3 Phase of the Life Cycle for
> EL5 is that they will only release "Critical impact Security
> Advisories (RHSAs) and selected Urgent Priority Bug Fix Advisories
> (RHBAs) may be released as they become available. Other errata
> advisories may be delivered as appropriate."

This is essentially identical to the level of support you get if you
pay for EUS (extended update support). And I guess the thinking is that
that is a meaningful level of support to a significant number of
customers...

Personally I might had agreed if Important had been included but only
Critical is too thin for many use cases.

/Peter