[CentOS] mount options

Tue Nov 18 02:38:43 UTC 2014
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2014-11-18, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:

> But I don't think that's what I want. I want it to mount when the system
> boots, but if for some reason it is not powered on, I don't want it to
> hang up the whole boot process.
>
> noauto says it won't mount based on "mount -a", and AFAIK that's how
> the filesystems from fstab all get mounted at boot. No?

Yes, you're right.  You can configure automount as Barry suggested.  If
you want to be lazy about it, you can add the appropriate mount command
to rc.local.  mount /mnt/backup should do it.  AFAIK there is no option
you can add to an fstab entry to make a failed mount of it nonfatal on
boot (that functionality is built in to the startup scripts IIRC).

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us